Officials in Nevada issued a public warning after they found numerous contaminated marijuana products in stock and already sold through a handful of Las Vegas dispensaries, according to reports from Fox 5 Vegas.
According to Fox 5, “regulators are blaming the Las Vegas lab, CANNEX Nevada LLC, for approving the products. As a result, state regulators shut down the lab until its practices can be reviewed.”
At the time, Stephanie Klapstein, a spokesperson for the Department of Taxation, told the Reno Gazette Journal that it was determined based on separate, routine inspections, that RSR Analytical Labs wasn’t properly following the regulations.
With its license reinstated just a few weeks later in January, it looks like the lab may have slipped up again almost exactly one year later to the day,
The worst part is, the affected marijuana was sold in the form of a flower and pre-rolls between Saturday, October 5th, 2019 and Friday, December 27th, 2019. That most likely means that some unlucky cannabis consumers have already consumed the dangerous products.
Which Pot Products are Affected?
All legal cannabis packaging in Nevada comes with a batch and lot number. Regulators said marijuana consumers should look for the following information:
- Island OG #3 (batch/lot: F1D19IslandOG3051619/1A40403000002A5000042651) failed its mold and yeast testing
- Lemon Meringue (F3D19LemonMeringue053019/1A40403000002A5000046114) failed its mold and yeast testing
- THC Bomb (THC BOMB-10-19-2019-H251/256-BUD-A) failed its Aspergillus flavus testing
- Zombie Kush (082119B56/ABZK02) failed its bile-tolerant gram-negative bacteria and total coliforms testing
Other products that were tested by CANNEX Nevada LLC will be tested by a third-party independent testing laboratory to ensure consumers stay away from other potentially tainted products.
Where Did the Affected Products Come From?
According to the report, the contaminated cannabis came from three producers, and was harvested between March and October:
- Nevada Group Wellness LLC
- ACC Enterprises LLC
- Integral Cultivation LLC
Don’t blame them! Currently, there is no reason to believe that the dispensaries below or the cultivators above had any knowledge that the products failed these tests. This is precisely why CANNEX Nevada LLC was closed immediately following these findings on December 27th.
Where Were the Affected Products Sold?
The contaminated cannabis products were sold at six different dispensaries:
- Nevada Wellness Center dba Nevada Wellness Center, 3200 S Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102 (license # 93968461789695028039).
- Nevada Holistic Medicine LLC dba MMJ America, 4660 S Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89103 (license # 54535922714915823296)
- Deep Roots Medical LLC dba Deep Roots Harvest, 195 Willis Carrier Canyon, Mesquite, NV 89034 (license # 44613767467345472019)
- Paradise Wellness Center dba Las Vegas Releaf, 2244 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89104 (license #54283805068313943868)
- GTI Nevada LLC dba Rise, 135 Clearview Dr. Suite 119, Carson City, NV 89701 (license # 97028286992913304766)
- Cheyenne Medical LLC dba Thrive Cannabis Marketplace, 2755 W Cheyenne Ave Ste 103, North Las Vegas, NV 89032 (license # 44593280192084310982)
Thankfully, at this time, “no illnesses have been reported because of the tainted marijuana at this time,” according to KTNV.
Be sure to subscribe to updates here so you never miss an important cannabis update.
Get Real-Time Updates from MJobserver.com