Founded in 1938, Dillard’s Inc. (NYSE:DDS) has somehow managed to stay in-style over the years as many other department store operators like Sears Holdings Corp. (OTC:SHLDQ) and J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE:JCP) have essentially crumbled.
Most recently, Dillard’s has started carrying CBD-infused skincare and beauty products in an effort to take its piece of the multi-billion dollar sub-sector of the hemp industry.
CBD is Legal Now
Cannabidiol, a.k.a. CBD, is a naturally-occurring non-psychoactive cannabinoid that is found in both marijuana and hemp plants.
Thanks to the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, commonly referred to as the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp was removed from the Controlled Substances Act, and all of its “derivatives and extracts such as cannabidiol” were legalized along with it, as long the plant contains less than 0.3% THC, the psychoactive cannabinoid found commonly in marijuana.
With this legalization, retailers ranging from small niche boutiques to nationwide brick and mortar giants like Ulta began carrying CBD-infused products. Even Walmart.com was selling CBD products for short while until they were removed.
Now, Dillard’s is the newest retailer to enter into the CBD space.
With a selection of CBD beauty products ranging from cannabidiol-infused moisturizers to lip balms, Dillard’s has curated a fine selection of both basic and premium products. So far, Dillard’s offers products from over 11 different CBD brands.
In alphabetical order, here they are:
Cannabliss Organics prides itself on offering high-quality, natural and organic products infused with hemp-derived CBD and more. The brand is “committed to using the finest ingredients, supporting sustainable practices and having a positive impact on you and the world.”
So far, Dillard’s carries four Cannabliss Organics products:
- Cannabliss Organics’ Foaming CBD Cleanser – 4 fl. oz. ($40.00)
- Cannabliss Organics’ Hemp Salve – 1.7 fl. oz. ($55.00)
- Cannabliss Organics’ Moisturizing CBD Face Lotion – 1.2 fl. oz. ($80.00)
- Cannabliss Organics’ Bliss Hemp Body Oil – 4.4 fl. oz. ($60.00)
As a warning, Cannabliss Organics products feature full-spectrum hemp oil according to the brand’s website. That means they can contain small trace amounts of THC in addition to their high concentrations of CBD.
While there has been some research to suggest greater efficacy from full-spectrum hemp extract relative to CBD isolate, some consumers still choose to stay away from THC completely for a variety of reasons.
Currently, Dillard’s carries four CBD Daily products:
- CBD Daily’s CBD Intensive Cream – 8 oz. ($98.00)
- CBD Daily’s CBD Massage Lotion – 8 fl. oz. ($58.00)
- CBD Daily’s 3-in-1 CBD Massage Candle – 6 oz. ($19.00)
- CBD Daily’s 3-Piece CBD Gift Set – ($40.00)
Unlike Cannabliss Organics’ products, CBD Daily products are 100% THC-free.
Recently acquired by multi-state U.S. cannabis operator iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc. (CSE:IAN) (OTC:ITHUF), CBD For Life products can be found in a handful of national retailers besides Dillard’s, including Urban Outfitters and more.
Currently, Dillard’s carries ten CBD For Life products, in a variety of scents:
- CBD For Life’s CBD Rub – 0.9 oz. ($25.00) (in Original, Lavender, and Lemongrass)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Roll On Oil – 0.64 oz. ($30.00) (in Original, Lavender, and Lemongrass)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Extract Pain Relief Spray – 4 oz. ($26.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Face and Body Cleanser – 6.7 oz. ($17.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Eye Serum – 0.5 oz. ($32.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Face Cream – 1.7 oz. ($35.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Lip Balm – 0.3 oz. ($9.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Foot Cream – 5 oz. ($20.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Hand and Body Massage Lotion – 6.7 oz. ($22.00)
- CBD For Life’s CBD Bath Bomb – 5.5 oz. ($12.00)
At these value-based price points, CBD For Life products offer a great entry-level cannabidiol skincare experience.
Pushing out some of the most expensive products in the CBD beauty space, Green Helix has garnered attention from Us Magazine and more.
Currently, Dillard’s carries two Green Helix products:
- Green Helix’s Rhino Hemp CBD Salve – 2 oz. ($144.00)
- Green Helix’s Restoration CBD Body Oil – 2 oz. ($140.00)
While Dillard’s doesn’t carry CBD products outside of the beauty and skincare space, Green Helix also offers CBD tinctures and capsules at far more affordable prices.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, exfoliation can oftentimes cause redness, irritation, and inflammation. Cannabinoids, meanwhile, have a rapidly growing body of scientific evidence to show that they may possess powerful anti-inflammatory properties. To combat exfoliation-induced redness and inflammation, Hora Skin Care has combined high doses of CBD with a dead skin dissolving formula for an overnight facial overhaul.
Currently, Dillard’s only carries one of Hora’s products:
- Hora Skin Care’s Overnight Exfoliating Mask + CBD – 2 oz. ($62.00)
Hora Skin Care also offers a CBD Super Serum for $54, which can be found at Urban Outfitters.
Los Angeles, California-based Kana Skincare creates “vegan based, cruelty/paraben free skincare” products that leverage the power of hemp extracts to “allow your skin to transform to the best version of itself.”
Currently, Dillard’s carries three of Kana’s products:
- Kana’s LIT Hemp CBD Face Oil – 1 oz. ($75.00)
- Kana’s EGF + Hemp CBD Active Botanical Essence – 1 oz. ($85.00)
- Kana’s Purple Rice Hemp CBD Sleeping Mask – 1.7 oz. ($65.00)
So far, none of the products have been reviewed by Dillard’s customers. Maybe you’ll be the first?
Keracell offers a long list of premium beauty products and is by no means a newcomer to the skincare space. Just a little bit cheaper than Green Helix’s products detailed above, Keracell’s CBD skincare product is one of the most expensive we’ve seen so far.
While Dillard’s carries a wide variety of Keracell products, they only carry one with CBD:
- Keracell’s CBD Soothing Daily Facial Moisturizer – 1 oz. ($120.00)
If you’re a newcomer to CBD, don’t break the bank on your first buy. You may like CBD, but want a different product or delivery format.
Select CBD, a subsidiary of multi-state U.S. cannabis operator Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE:CURA) (OTC:CURLF), is perhaps the most widely-carried CBD products brand in America with distribution through retailers like CVS and more.
Currently, Dillard’s carries only one of Select CBD’s many products:
- Select CBD’s CBD Hemp Muscle Rub – 3 oz. ($40.00)
Select’s recent entry into Dillard’s department stores will only grow the brand’s reach even further.
Unlike the rest of the CBD brands on Dillard’s store shelves, The Good Patch offers transdermal CBD-infused patches for a wide variety of ailments ranging from period pain to sleeplessness and more.
Currently, Dillard’s carries six different transdermal CBD patches from The Good Patch:
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Period Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Nite Nite Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Hangover Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Pain Relief Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Be Calm Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
- The Good Patch’s CBD Hemp Infused Hot Flash Patch – 1 Patch ($12.00)
While the jury is still out as to whether or not transdermal patches are legal under the FDA’s guidelines, the CBD industry has largely operated on the basis of asking forgiveness, rather than permission.
This women-owned CBD brand has taken the industry by storm, despite the company’s focus on handcrafted products versus mass-produced cosmetics.
Currently, Dillard’s carries two of Vertly’s products:
- Vertly’s Hemp CBD Infused Relief Lotion – 3 oz. ($48.00)
- Vertly’s Hemp CBD Infused Lip Balm – 0.2 oz. ($22.00)
In addition to the two Vertly products carried by Dillard’s, the brand also offers a popular CBD-infused bath salts product to make spa time even more soothing.
Currently, Dillard’s carries two of Wildflower’s many CBD products:
For safety and assurance, all Wildflower CBD products are made in the USA by Wildflower in their GMP facilities and third-party lab tested for quality and purity.
When I initially embarked on writing this piece, there were only 6 CBD beauty brands on Dillard’s.com. By the time I compiled the entire list of brands and products, that number had grown to over 10 beauty brands offering cannabidiol-infused products through Dillard’s.
Whether through Dillard’s or any other nationwide retailer, the CBD brands that gain an early lead in the space will be thankful they did, as the CBD beauty sector is heating up to become a massive piece of the already multi-billion-dollar skin care industry.
Be sure to subscribe to updates here so you never miss an important development.
Get Real-Time Updates from MJobserver.com