Toronto, ON — June 22, 2018 — /D.M.O. Newswire/ — Hiku Brands Company Ltd. (CSE:HIKU) (OTC:DJACF) provided a shareholder update on the company’s approach to private sector retailing of cannabis in Alberta.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Hiku, and its retail storefront brand Tokyo Smoke, have filed applications for a series of locations in Alberta.
- If approved, these locations will provide customers with a variety of experiences in different retail environments including flagship stores, express stores, shopping centers, and more.
- Hiku has also filed applications for more than a dozen storefronts in Calgary and are at the top of the list to be considered in each of those locations thanks to Calgary’s first come, first serve approach to licensing.
- In addition to Calgary, Hiku has also filed applications in Edmonton for its random lottery process.
- The applications in Alberta follow on the success that Tokyo Smoke has achieved in Manitoba, where it was awarded one of only four conditional master retail licenses.
- The Manitoba master license will allow Hiku Brands to open 9-16 stores in the province and operate an e-commerce portal.
Get Real-Time Updates from The Daily Marijuana Observer