Toronto, ON — September 11, 2018 — /D.M.O. Newswire/ — FIGR, Inc. announced today that its subsidiary, Canada’s Island Garden, has received approval from Health Canada for its most recent license amendment request.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- FIGR, Inc., a wholly owned indirect subsidiary of Alliance One International, Inc. (NYSE:AOI), is a holding company that owns majority stakes in two Canadian cannabis producers, Canada’s Island Garden, a licensed producer in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, and Goldleaf Pharm, a late-stage licensed producer applicant in Simcoe, Ontario.
- Canada’s Island Garden previously received its sales license for dried cannabis flower on February 7th, 2017.
- The new sales license amendment authorizes Canada’s Island Garden to sell medicinal cannabis oil products.
- The license is issued through Health Canada, pursuant to the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- Canada’s Island Garden’s previously announced supply agreement with the province of Prince Edward Island for 1,000 kilograms/kilogram equivalent of cannabis products will now include cannabis oils.
Edwin Jewell, president of Canada’s Island Garden commented,
“Securing our license to sell cannabis oils marks a significant milestone for our company. As the only licensed producer in Prince Edward Island, we can now participate in the derivative cannabis market by further expanding our product line for patients and offering an alternative to inhaled products. Our team has been working diligently to meet Health Canada’s requirements. We are very excited to move into the next phase of our growth. Obtaining this license means we can now sell both medicinal dried cannabis and medicinal cannabis oil products.”
Be sure to subscribe to Canadian L.P. Stock Updates here so you never miss an important update.
Get Real-Time Updates from MJobserver.com