Toronto, ON — June 25, 2018 — /D.M.O. Newswire/ — Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB) (OTC:ACBFF) (FRA:21P) announced that the company has become the first licensed suppliers of medical cannabis to patients in Malta through its wholly owned German subsidiary, Pedanios GmbH.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Medical cannabis was initially legalized by the Maltese parliament on March 26th, 2018.
- The import license issued by the Malta Medicines Authority was received on June 5th, 2018.
- The export license issued by the German authorities was received on June 21st, 2018.
- After Germany and Italy, Malta is the 3rd E.U. member country where Pedanios currently sells medical marijuana.
- Two different products, Pedanios 22/1 and 20/1, are being shipped to Malta today.
- Pedanios expects pharmacists will be able to fill patient prescriptions within approximately two weeks.
- These orders will include medically approved vaporization devices for patients’ consumption of Aurora cannabis products.
- Market entrance in Malta was achieved through close collaboration with Aurora’s local distribution partner Cherubino Ltd., the largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in Malta.
- On June 21st, 2018, Aurora competitor Aphria Inc. (TSX:APH) (OTC:APHQF) (FRA:10E) announced that its Malta-based subsidiary ASG Pharma was the recipient of the first import license for medical cannabis issued by the Malta Medicines Authority.
Get Real-Time Updates from The Daily Marijuana Observer