New York, NY — June 21, 2018 — /D.M.O. Newswire/ — Aphria Inc. (TSX:APH) (OTC:APHQF) (FRA:10E) announced that its Malta-based subsidiary ASG Pharma is the recipient of the first import license for medical cannabis issued by the Malta Medicines Authority.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Valletta, Malta-based ASG Pharma Ltd. has been a subsidiary of Aphria since February 26th, 2018.
- Malta’s legislative and regulatory standards are extremely rigorous, making the license extremely valuable.
- The license will allow ASG to import medical cannabis for analytical testing and research.
- This is an important step that will enable ASG to become a cornerstone in testing, research and development of medical cannabis in Europe.
- ASG currently operates a high-capacity EU GMP-certified lab.
- ASG is currently undergoing a multi-million-euro upgrade of its processing and manufacturing capabilities that will result in its ability to process, extract package and label pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis and cannabis derivative products.
- Aphria intends to use the EU GMP-certified lab in Malta as a long-term processing, manufacturing and distribution hub for the entire European continent.
Get Real-Time Updates from The Daily Marijuana Observer