Although the majority of marijuana stocks trade on Canadian exchanges or over-the-counter, a few are traded on the NASDAQ. Some cannabis stock investors prefer NASDAQ listed stocks due to their increased liquidity, tighter trading spreads and/or an unwarranted fear of the OTC markets.
Background on the NASDAQ
The NASDAQ was the first electronic exchange and has long been synonymous with technology. Given its history, the NASDAQ has long been the preferred exchange for high tech companies, including biotechnology companies, and even the cannabis companies there seem to reflect this with the majority of them operating in the biotech area of the industry.
Another perk of NASDAQ listed marijuana stocks is that they are all available to trade commission-free on the Robinhood app.
For more information about trading pot stocks commission-free with the Robinhood app, check out our article here.
NASDAQ Listed Marijuana Stocks
- Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARNA) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel, small molecule drugs with optimized receptor pharmacology designed to deliver broad clinical utility across multiple therapeutic areas. Arena’s proprietary pipeline includes potentially first- or best-in-class programs for which they own global commercial rights. Arena’s APD371, a CB2 agonist, is in clinical-stage studies. The CB2 receptor is part of the naturally occurring cannabinoid receptor system in our bodies.
- Cara Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:CARA) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on developing and commercializing new chemical entities designed to alleviate pain and pruritus by selectively targeting kappa opioid receptors.
- Cronos Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CRON) is a geographically diversified and vertically integrated cannabis company that operates two wholly-owned Licensed Producers regulated within Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (the “ACMPR”) and holds a portfolio of minority investments in other Licensed Producers and ACMPR applicants.
- GW Pharmaceuticals Plc. (NASDAQ:GWPH) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics from its proprietary cannabinoid product platform in a broad range of disease areas. GW Pharmaceuticals, along with its U.S. subsidiary Greenwich Biosciences, has received U.S. FDA approval for a cannabidiol-based oral solution for the treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome.
- Insys Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:INSY) is a specialty pharmaceutical company that develops and commercializes innovative drugs and novel drug delivery systems for therapeutic molecules that improve the quality of patients’ lives. Using proprietary sublingual spray technology and advanced research capabilities to develop pharmaceutical cannabinoids, Insys works to address the clinical shortcomings of existing commercial products.
- Intec Pharma Ltd. (NASDAQ:NTEC) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing drugs based on its proprietary Accordion Pill platform technology. Intec’s product pipeline includes four product candidates in clinical trial stages including an Accordion Pill with the two primary cannabinoids contained in cannabis sativa, cannabidiol and tetrahydrocannabinol, which is being developed for various indications including low back neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia.
- Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc. (NASDAQ:MBII) is a leading provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products for the agriculture, turf and ornamental and water treatment markets. Just recently, Marrone Bio Innovations announced that three MBII active ingredients are now legal for use on cannabis crops in the California cultivation market.
- Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) is a global pioneer in the research, cultivation, production and distribution of medical cannabis and cannabinoids currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
- Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc. (NASDAQ:ZYNE) is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing and marketing synthetic cannabinoid therapeutics for transdermal delivery. These therapetics seek to meet the unmet needs of patients with epilepsy, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathic pain, and Fragile X syndrome.
To view marijuana stock profiles for any of the NASDAQ listed cannabis stocks, visit our marijuana stocks database, or use the links embedded in the tickers above. Marijuana stock profiles are complete with in-depth company descriptions as well as custom charts and recent news.
As the stigma surrounding the cannabis industry subsides, we hope to see more marijuana-related companies up-listing or making their debut on exchanges like the NASDAQ or NYSE.
For a list of cannabis companies on the NYSE, check out our article on NYSE listed marijuana stocks.
Get Real-Time Updates from MJobserver.com