With a handful of publicly-traded cannabis companies set to present at the upcoming Cannabis Invest conference, the U.K.’s leading cannabis investor conference, we wanted to give you a head-start on which companies are worth keeping an eye on ahead of time.
It is important to pay attention whenever one of your current or prospective portfolio holdings is participating in major conferences.
First and foremost, the increased awareness garnered by these conferences can move stock prices. Secondly, the companies participating usually have some of their top executives giving an overview of their company and what’s to come.
What is Cannabis Invest UK?
Cannabis Invest UK is a self-described “exclusive event bringing together the world’s leading cannabis companies with London’s Institutional and High Net Worth investors.”
Cannabis Invest UK is expected to feature the senior management teams of some of the largest public and private cannabis companies in the world.
When and Where is Cannabis Invest UK?
This one-day conference to be held on April 26th, 2018 comprises a fully catered session at central London’s exclusive Mayfair Hotel, including group discussions, company presentations, and the opportunity for investors to have private one-on-one meetings with leading cannabis industry executives.
Who is Attending Cannabis Invest UK?
Cannabis Invest UK is an exclusive event that is currently limited to London’s institutional and high net worth investors. The event is solely focused on various investment opportunities within the current cannabis landscape.
Who is Presenting at Cannabis Invest UK?
So far, top brass from a handful of public and private cannabis companies are expected to present at Cannabis Invest UK. Ten of the public cannabis companies that caught our attention include:
- Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB) (OTC:ACBFF), Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, with funded capacity in excess of 570,000 kg per year and sales and operations in 14 countries across five continents, Aurora is one of the world’s largest and leading cannabis companies.
- Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. (TSXV:XLY) (OTC:CBWTF) operates as a cannabis streaming company. It provides funding for cannabis facility expansions, operations, and initial construction in exchange for minority equity interests and a portion of the cultivation production.
- Emblem Corp. (TSXV:EMC) (OTC:EMMBF) is a fully integrated licensed producer and distributor of medical cannabis and cannabis derivatives in Canada under the ACMPR. Led by a team of cannabis experts and former healthcare and pharma executives, it has three distinct verticals – cannabis production, patient education centers, and pharmaceutical dosage form development.
- Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. (TSXV:EMH) (OTC:EMHTF) is licensed in Canada to produce and sell dried cannabis and cannabis oil for medical purposes. Emerald is preparing to serve the fully legalized Canadian adult-use cannabis market starting October 17, 2018.
- Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (TSXV:KHRN) (OTC:KHRNF) is positioned to be the dominant integrated medical cannabis company in Latin America. Khiron has core operations in Colombia and is fully licensed in the country for the cultivation, production, domestic distribution, and international export of both tetrahydrocannabinol-rich and cannabidiol-rich medical marijuana.
- Namaste Technologies Inc. (TSXV:N) (OTC:NXTTF) operates the largest global cannabis e-commerce platform with over 30 websites in 20+ countries under various brands. Namaste’s product offering through its subsidiaries includes vaporizers, glassware, accessories, CBD products, and the company will soon be selling medical cannabis in the Canadian market.
- OrganiGram Holdings, Inc. (TSXV:OGI) (OTC:OGRMF), through its wholly-owned subsidiary OrganiGram Inc., is a fully licensed producer of organic medical cannabis cultivator in Canada under ACMPR. Organigram is focused on producing the highest quality, condition-specific medical marijuana.
- Phivida Holdings Inc. (CSE:VIDA) (OTC:PHVAF) infuses CBD derived from Hemp into functional foods, beverages, and health products. Phivida’s CBD beverages, foods, and supplements contain a proprietary blend of nutraceuticals studied to target a range of health conditions including pain, inflammation, and more.
- Supreme Cannabis Company Inc. (TSXV:FIRE) (OTC:SPRWF), through its wholly-owned subsidiary 7ACRES, is a wholesale marijuana cultivation company operating efficient indoor cultivation facilities in Canada under the ACMPR. Supreme Pharmaceuticals owns and operates a fully licensed 7 acre indoor cultivation greenhouse.
- Wayland Group Corp. (CSE:WAYL) (OTC:MRRCF), formerly known as Maricann Group Inc., is a vertically integrated producer and distributor of marijuana for medical purposes. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Burlington, Ontario, Canada and Munich, Germany, with production facilities in Langton, Ontario where it operates a medicinal cannabis cultivation, extraction, formulation, and distribution business under federal license from the Government of Canada.
- and others including Dixie Brands and more!
Since there’s still a bit of time between now and the conference, there still may be other cannabis companies joining the roster to present. In the meantime, be sure to subscribe to Cannabis Stock Updates here so you never miss an important update.
Get Real-Time Updates from The Daily Marijuana Observer