Yesterday, British Columbia’s Liquor Distribution Branch announced that it has signed memorandums of understanding with 31 different licensed producers to supply recreational cannabis to the province.
While it is not surprising to see that the Canadian cannabis giants like Canopy Growth Corp. (TSX:WEED) (NYSE:CGC), Cronos Group Inc. (TSX:CRON) (NASDAQ:CRON), and Aurora Cannabis Inc. (TSX:ACB) (OTC:ACBFF) have been selected, there are some smaller licensed producers that have also been tapped as suppliers.
Since some of the smaller licensed producers are owned by public companies with different names, many investors overlook them as opportunities.
5 Under-Covered LPs that Signed Deals with British Columbia
- Bloomera Inc. – Back in March, RavenQuest BioMed Inc. (CSE:RQB) (OTC:RVVQF) announced that it completed the acquisition of Bloomera for $15,000,000 CAD and over 10 million shares of RavenQuest. Accross two facilities, RavenQuest has an estimated annual production capacity of over 11,000 kilograms of cannabis.
- Experion Biotechnologies Inc. – Experion Biotechnologies Inc. has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of Viridium Pacific Group Ltd. (TSXV:VIR) (OTC:MRRBF) since the company completed a share swap with Northern Vine Canada Inc. back in October of 2017.
- Natural Med Company – Recently, Eve & Co Inc., formerly Carlaw Capital V Corp., received approval for a qualifying transaction to acquire Natural MedCo Ltd., which landed Eve & Co on the TSX Ventures Exchange under the ticker EVE. While the company does not yet have an OTC ticker, we wouldn’t be surprised if they announced one in the coming days/weeks.
- UP Cannabis Inc. – UP Cannabis is a subsidiary of Newstrike Brands Ltd. (TSXV:HIP) (OTC:NWKRF). Newstrike sort of fell off the radar since it received a $9.5 million CAD break fee from CanniMed following termination of an acquisition deal, but its strategic investment of the break fee has brought it back and better than ever.
- United Greeneries Ltd. – United Greeneries Holdings Ltd. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harvest One Cannabis Inc. (TSXV:HVST) (OTC:HRVOF). With Satipharm AG operating as the medical division of Harvest One, the company reaches cannabis consumers from Canada to Australia.
Whether you’re investing in the biggest bud companies in the world or the smaller ones listed above, do your own research first. In addition to researching the five marijuana stocks on the list, its worth looking at the other licensed producers too.
Get Real-Time Updates from The Daily Marijuana Observer